Basics of Construction Accounting
Apr 19, 2023 - 3:00 PM (ET) - Live, Online
Hosted by CFMA
About this Event
Wednesday, April 19 & Thursday, April 20, 2023
Wednesday, April 26 & Thursday, April 27, 2023
3-5 PM (ET), 12-2 PM (PT)
This course is designed for accounting professionals new to the construction industry, as well as construction industry professionals who want or need a better understanding of construction accounting processes, construction cost management systems, job costs and job cost reporting, the WIP, and the most important elements of a contractor's financial statements. This course introduces the key processes and practices that make construction accounting unique.
After this session, attendees will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of a job cost system
- Calculate earned revenue
- Identify what a construction company expects from its financial professional
- Use industry data to benchmark your company
Level & Prerequisites
This is a group internet-based course at the Basic Level. No prerequisites or advanced preparation required.
Earn 8.0 CPE credits in the field of Accounting. CPE credit can only be earned by attending the live session. CPE is not available by watching the recording.
Who Should Attend?
- Accountants and CPAs who are new to the construction industry
- Accounting Department Support Staff
- Anyone who would benefit from understanding the fundamental construction accounting processes
- Construction Managers
- Financial Services Providers
- New Construction Financial Professionals and Controllers
- Project managers
- Risk and IT Professionals
- $260 for CFMA Members
- $435 for Non-Members
If you plan to view this program as part of a group and need to earn CPE credit, please contact CFMA at email@example.com at least one day before the start of the program.
CFMA Colleague Discount
If you are a CFMA member and would like to enroll someone at your company in this course who is not a CFMA member, please contact CFMA at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
CFMA Group Discount
If you are interested in registering a group of individuals at your company, please contact CFMA at email@example.com for more information